Monday, December 1, 2008

New Member!

It is with great excitement that I join this listserv community. I
learned of its existence through a recent article posted in the National
Middle School Association magazine.

=20

I teach 8th grade Latin at Gilman School in Baltimore, Maryland. I am
also the middle school Dean of Students. I have been at Gilman for 12
years now (easy to remember since my oldest graduates from this K-12
school this coming June) and have been teaching for 24 years - 15 of
which have been in middle schools. I have also taught at Eaglebrook
School and Lawrence Academy. I have taught beginning through AP Latin,
Greek, and various Greco-Roman electives. I coach football and lacrosse
(coached basketball for many years as well) in the middle school, but
have coached in the high school as well (27 varsity seasons). At Gilman
we have authored our own Latin text, use a SmartBoard every day, have
introduced various topics through PowerPoint and video, and are always
looking for new things to do - hence my membership here. I am a father
of four (two of my own and two step) who loves to cook and ride my Trek
road bike as much as possible. I am looking forward to sharing ideas and
potentially finding someone interested in some type of collaborative
project.

=20

Take care,

Jeff Snow


[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L