Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Re: 1:1 and home support

Dave, we are going on to our 10th year of our 1:1 program. We prefer to
do all machine support in-house (during office hours each day). We do
have a knowledgebase article on how to call Dell during holidays.

We offer yearly sessions to parents where we discuss with parents how
they should oversee students at home - the main point being that every
family is different, and they have to find what works for them. We post
helpful articles, point to some hardware/software solutions (for those
who feel they must filter), and give them referrals to local techies to
help them setup home networks.

Our administrators are very good at answering parents who say we should
set up their laptops for home filtering - we take care of kids here, you
take care of kids at home; it's a partnership.

Good luck!
arvind

arvind s grover
Director of Technology