Sunday, December 14, 2008

Re: Moodle Version & Add-ons

Answers below...

Alex Inman
Director of Technology
Whitfield School
St. Louis, MO
314.434.5141

-----Original Message-----
From: A forum for independent school educators
[mailto:ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of William Stites
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 9:38 AM
To: ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Moodle Version & Add-ons

If you are currently using Moodle at your school would you mind =20
sharing the following (our answers are included):

1. What version are you using?
Version 1.7.1 in production and 1.9.2 in testing

2. What add-ons do you have installed?
Some themes and the WebQuest module. We added some of the extras in the
1.9.2 version to authenticate against AD.

3. How are you currently using it within your school?
Teachers use it optionally. About 60% use it. Some use it really well
and other just post stuff and have discussions. Our Faculty site is
very robust.

4. What requirements do you have for it's use?
No requirements

5. Do you allow outside access (parents/public)?
We have a few sites open to guests.=20

6. What is your Moodle server running on?
SLES 10. I wrote an automated script to make it easy. It is available
at http://docs.moodle.org/en/SUSE_Linux_Server_10

7. Do you host it yourself or do you have it outsourced?
Hosted internally

8. Do you handle support?
Internal.