Friday, December 19, 2008

Re: How to best present a portfolio of visual art?

Greetings from Seoul,

I'm a Librarian at a small international school who for several years
has been monitoring the developments in the e-portfolio landscape. I
harbor an interest similar to yours and long for the day when I can
gain server access to host and present such a platform to my students
and faculty.

Rather than address your questions directly, I would suggest you
investigate the following four links which may very well lead you to a
platform ideally suited to your goal.

Mahara : Open Source eportfolios [considered Moodle's sister]
http://mahara.org/

MOSEP [More Self-Esteem with my e-Portfolio]
http://www.mosep.org/

Categories of ePortfolio Tools
http://electronicportfolios.com/categories.html

How to Build a Learning Repository on Drupal (5.x) and PHP 5.1.x+
http://www.jem-thematic.net/node/715

Happy holidays!

Carl W Feucht
Librarian