Saturday, December 6, 2008

Re: Digital Portfolios

I recently did a writeup that describes how to build exactly this type of portfolio: a blog that allows students to keep track of their day to day work, with a presentation tool that allows students to select pieces from their blog, place these pieces in a specific order, and then add commentary on pieces as needed.

In other words, it combines the notion of a working portfolio with the functionality of a presentation portfolio.

It's also worth noting that the create artifacts --> edit artifacts --> re-order artifacts works equally well as a curriculum authoring environment.

The full writeup is on my blog: http://funnymonkey.com/drupal-as-portfolio-platform.

Cheers,

Bill