Friday, August 8, 2008

Re: What to do with former faculty email accounts?

Every teacher at my school has a personal email account (gmail, yahoo, =
etc.) as well as their school email. This continues to be a trend with =
most teachers and other faculty. =20

I do think it is helpful to give teachers some transition time. Often =
the easiest way to do this, is to forward all their mail to their =
personal account. If the do not have a personal account, you could help =
them set one up. After a reasonable period of time - 3-6 months - you =
delete their email. =20

However, I would check in with the Headmaster if you are unsure about =
the situation of the employee leaving. If the employee was terminated, =
not invited back, or leaving on less than good terms, I would disable =
their access immediately. Then after a month or so, you can delete =
their accounts.

Renee Ramig
Seven Hills School