Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Re: Independent School Educators at ISTE and NECC Wiki

ISTE's Independent Schools wiki is part of a larger process to be able to take advantage of ISTE's enormous potential of providing both virtual and face-to-face forums (via NECC) for independent school educators. In addition, given that ISTE's TWO current K-12 Board of Director's reps are both from NAIS schools (Jill Brown from Albuquerque Academy and myself, from The Urban School of San Francisco), we feel the time is ripe to make this collaboration between ISTE and NAIS - in part, to bring an
independent school voice to ISTE and hopefully help influence NECC conference opportunities of interest to independent school educators, and in part to provide a resource for both NAIS and non-NAIS independent schools. If you have any interest in any of these objectives, please join the ISTE Independent School Educators wiki at:
http://independentschools.iste.wikispaces.net

Howard
Howard Levin hlevin@urbanschool.org
Director of Technology www.howardlevin.com
The Urban School of San Francisco 415-593-9525
Apple Distinguished Educator - Apple Distinguished School

Board of Directors â€" K12 Representative
International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)

Telling Their Stories: Oral History Archives Project
www.tellingstories.org
Upcoming Presentations:
http://www.howardlevin.com/speaking.html