Friday, August 15, 2008

Re: Online Grades

Nikki,
Did you go with WhippleHill? We use them and what we have done is make
the grade book available to advisors, dorm folk, and the students. The
students really appreciate being able to check their grades. We do not
want the parents involved with every assignment, however. They have
access to the report cards. The only one they are not given access to
is our 3-week grades at the beginning of the year. This is for the kids
and teachers to make sure that no student is overwhelmed and sinking.
This has worked well for us. The parents understand our rationale about
teaching the kids to be responsible and they back off for the most part.

Feel free to contact me or our Academic Dean for more info,
Ann

Ann Hamel
Director of Technology
Community Service Coordinator
Fountain Valley School of Colorado
6155 Fountain Valley School Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80911-2299
ahamel@fvs.edu
719.391.5330

Approx. 324 L. of water is used to produce 1 KG of paper.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.=20