Friday, August 8, 2008

Re: What to do with former faculty email accounts?

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 10:16:10 -0400, Fred Bartels
<fred_bartels@rcds.rye.ny.us> wrote:

>We have always let former faculty maintain their school email accounts as
>long as they want them. Recently we've had some pressure to delete all
>former faculty email accounts. I hope to get some sense of what current
>practices are regarding this issue in the independent school world.

IMHO that's a mistake. There are all sorts of options for faculty who leave
your school so why multiple the number of accounts you have to support? Our
policy is to leave things as is until 9/30 giving faculty a chance to
transition to their new school or job. Upon request, we'll forward mail a
few months longer.

--
Tom Phelan
Director of Technology