Friday, August 15, 2008

Re: Print Management for Macs

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> on Aug=
ust 14, 2008 at 9:00 PM -0700 wrote:
>Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 08:32:26 -0500
>From: Dave Nelson <dnelson763@comcast.net>
>Subject: Print management for Macs
>
>We will be running 10.5 Leopard and I want to restrict printing =20
>privileges. Last year I had a drop box set up on the server and I =20
>printed it from there. What other options might be out there?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Dave Nelson
>dnelson763@comcast.net

Dave - We are quite pleased with PaperCut. It's cross platform, and we've=
never really been satisfied with Apple's print management tools.=20
http://www.papercut.com/

steve

-----
Treat each piece of paper as precious and reduce waste - don't print elec=
tronic documents.
-----
Steve Taffee 650.470.7725 (office)
Director of Technology 415.613.6684 (mobile)
Castilleja School 650.326.8036 (fax)
1310 Bryant Street steve_taffee@castilleja.org =20
Palo Alto, CA 94301 www.castilleja.org taffee.edu=
blogs.org