Saturday, August 30, 2008

Re: USB Drive Policy

Talk about control freaks, do you have a notebook policy too? You
never can tell what kind of "inappropriate content" might be in a
notebook.

Seriously we use USB drives exclusively. that is to say we provide no
network storage or logins and all the computers, we use Macs with
VMware to provide windows and linux. are re-imaged every night so we
don't worry about all the windows viruses anyway.

Each student has a pen drive or drive. They are expected, in fact
forced to, use a different kind of computer every third day. Mac,
Windows and Linux, and must be able to open their documents on any of
those platforms. Many of our student use Google apps to avoid the
whole USB drive issue.

Greg Kearney