Saturday, August 9, 2008

Re: What to do with former faculty email accounts?

Keith, I definitely hear you--I know which veteran teachers you are
talking about. But that begs the question: How have they been operating at
home? There are two possibilities:

1. They have Internet access at home.
2. They don't have Internet access at home.

In Case 1 they almost certainly have a private email account already,
probably included as part of the package with their ISP.

In Case 2 (which I think is rare in the independent-school community,
although I'm open to being educated about that) you are going to have to
do more than set up a Gmail account for them. You are also going to have to
assist that teacher in obtaining home Internet access. Are you doing that
as well? If so, my hat is off to you and you have changed my mind on the
subject.

Ross Lenet
Sidwell Friends School, Washington, DC

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L