Friday, August 29, 2008

Re: time-limiting software for home computers

This functionality is actually built into Leopard (OS 10.5). Check
out the parental controls that you can set on each account.
Specifically the Time Limits tab. You can set the number of hours
that the computer can be used, both weekday and weekends. There is
also a Bedtime setting that allows you to set times when the computer
is unavailable.

One thing to note - this restricts access to the computer, not just
the internet.

--
Dana Pero
Director of Technology