Saturday, August 30, 2008

Re: USB Drive Policy

Why cannot we understand that the present system of school is based on =
the technology that was available when it was conceived and/or evolved =
and that the change in technology is going to evolve a new form of =
learning that will not be school. We have classrooms because the =
technology of the 19th and first 3/4 of the 20th century made that form =
of learning work. We cling to the classroom and the organization of =
control and validation in the face of 21 cenetury technology that has =
changed the essence of communication to one freed of time and space. Our =
last graduating classes were never ALIVE without the internet. We keep =
trying to force that new technology into old forms and it just doesn't =
fit!
=20
Norman Constantine