Friday, August 15, 2008

Fake MySpace Pages

I'm hoping for some help from the list with an item I'm writing for
Private Education Law Report newsletter. The item's about the problem of
fake social network pages -- the pages (usually created by students)
that purportedly belong to private school staff.

I'm interested in hearing (by noon Wednesday, Aug. 20) from schools
who've had to deal with this, especially if they have advice for other
schools.

I'd also like to know if your school specifically forbids this in
writing -- in a social network policy, Internet use policy, handbook,
etc.

Finally, I'm wondering if any of your schools ban students from social
networks entirely?

Thanks! And feel free to respond either on the list or by contacting me
personally.

Elizabeth A. Wheeler, Esq. / 610-854-6252
Editor: Private Education Law Report
Legal Update for Teachers
Center for Education and Employment Law
ceelonline.com
bwheeler@pbp.com

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L