Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Re: Computer Lab Mgmt Software?

For cloning / desktop management you might want to look at Clonezilla -
free and open source software available at=20

http://www.clonezilla.org/

For remote control, Italc is pretty sweet and it's free and open source
as well! You can find it at=20

http://italc.sourceforge.net/

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 11:00 -0500, Jeff Mesch wrote:

> Hi.
>=20
> What are people using for computer lab management software?
>=20
> My school has always handled machines individually, which takes time away
> that could be spent on other projects. I'm looking just for something bas=
ic
> that does basic app installations and remote control.
>=20
> I've used Symantec/Norton Ghost as well as the Altiris suite, but it's be=
en
> +5 years since I've played with either one.
>=20
> Thanks.
>=20
> +++Jeff
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Jeffrey Mesch
> Director of Technology
> Father Ryan High School
> Nashville, TN
> Office: 615-383-4200 x226
> Mobile: 615-207-8068
> E-mail: meschj@fatherryan.org
> AIM: jeffmesch
>=20
> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,=
non-commercial, share-alike license.

Matt Burkhardt, MSTM
President
Impari Systems, Inc.