Monday, October 4, 2010

Re: Google Accounts for Students

This summer Google Apps upgraded their administration dashboard to allow you
to have separate "groups" (with different access rights) under your one main
domain. This has been a tremendous help in our system. We now have all of
our students (grades 4-12) and faculty & staff under one domain. We only
give email access to our faculty/staff and grades 9-12 students. The other
students have access to Docs and Sites. The dashboard is very easy to
navigate. Having them under one domain makes the year-end rollover much,
much easier.

page

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Jayme Johnson
<jjohnson@village-school.org>wrote:

> Our school domain is village-school.org we set up a village-school.NET
> domain for our google apps for education.
> ~Jayme
>

> On 9/27/10 1:16 PM, "Maureen Tumenas" <maureentumenas@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> I set up a separate domain for the kids
>
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Brandon Watkins <
> brandon.watkins@theindependentschool.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > We are wanting find how other schools have gone about adding student
> > accounts to Google Apps. Did you use a sub-domain or just add them to
> your
> > main domain? Any insight will be helpful.
> >
> > Thank You,
> >
> > Brandon Watkins
> > Director of Technology
> > The Independent School
> >
> > [ For info on ISED-L see
> https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874]
> > Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
> > non-commercial, share-alike license.
> > RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS=ISED-L
> >

> [ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874]
> RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS=ISED-L
>

> [ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874]

Page Lennig
Technology Director
Waynflete School
207.774.7863x320
plennig@waynflete.org
twitter: @plennig

**Please consider the environment before printing this email