Monday, October 18, 2010

Re: email conundrum, please help

Talk to the company hosting your mail and see what their settings are?
Is ALL mail allowed through? How is mail separated (Spam, possible
virus, regular mail, etc.)? =20

Is it one provider that is not getting through (e.g. all gmail, all
yahoo mail, etc.)? Then this could be an issue with the provider.

Renee Ramig
Seven Hills School

-----Original Message-----
From: A forum for independent school educators
[mailto:ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Jim Landskroener
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 8:14 AM
To: ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: email conundrum, please help

Dear group, perhaps one (or many of you) could help me understand =20
this. Our school has a third party hosting our email (@kentschool.org) =20
accounts. Recently, I've been getting wind of people trying to send =20
emails to our teachers that are simply disappearing-neither received =20
nor bounced back as undeliverable. One of my advisee parents sent me =20
an email to both my personal verizon.net address and my school =20
(kentschool.org) address. The one addressed to my verizon account came =20
right through in good order, but the one to my school address never =20
arrived. I'm hopeful that someone can help explain to me how an email =20
can simply disappear like that, and/or how I might help our third =20
party host to fix this problem. There are no restrictions (blacklists, =20
filters, etc.) on my school account.

Thanks,

Jim Landskroener

[ For info on ISED-L see
https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D128874 ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons,
attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L

[ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D128874 ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L