Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Re: School Calendars

We use google calendar, and I agree the printing is messy- it generates a
pdf with information that is not valuable- eg. person who is posting to the
calendar. I keep a google doc as well, which can easily be printed as a pdf,
when needed. The problem we found with making/distributing a pdf calendar to
parents is that is obsolete before the parent gets it. Changes are made on a
daily- and often multiple times a day- basis. We no longer print or have
available for download a pdf, both to avoid problems with changes and to
save paper. We have a public calendar, a sports calendar and a faculty
calendar. The public calendar and sports are viewable on our site and can be
added to other calendars-ical, etc. The faculty calendar is only shared
within the faculty.

You can easily have multiple editors on google calendar. Keep a running
google doc for printing, if you really need to do so.

Maureen Tumenas
Berkshire Country Day School
Lenox, MA