Friday, October 29, 2010

Re: graphing calculators in 1:1 Schools

Hello Carole,

I saw your post and just wanted to say hello. I will be attending the
Summit next week at HB. Will you be participating in any of the
workshops? Perhaps, we will have time to meet up in person.

My best,

Marc A. Carter
Director of Educational Technology
Louisville Collegiate School
2427 Glenmary Avenue
PO Box 4369
Louisville, KY 40204
p. 502.479.0368
f. 502.454.8549
e. mcarter@loucol.com

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> writes:
>We are looking at moving to the new TI-Nspire Navigator system to use with
>TI graphing calculators in our Upper School math and science classrooms
>for
>more interactivity. We wondered what 1:1 schools do about having graphing
>calculators for students to use? Do they still have them or do they solely
>use software on their laptops/tablets? We are thinking, too, about
>students
>still needing to use graphing calculators for AP tests and SATs, etc.
>

>Thanks for any info you can share!
>

>Carole Lechleitner
>

>Carole Lechleitner
>
>Director of Academic Technology
>
>Hathaway Brown School
>
>19600 N. Park Blvd.
>Shaker Heights, OH 44122
>216-320-8113
>www.hb.edu
>

>[ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874
>]
>Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
>non-commercial, share-alike license.
>RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L

Marc A. Carter
Director of Educational Technology
Louisville Collegiate School
2427 Glenmary Avenue
PO Box 4369
Louisville, KY 40204
p. 502.479.0368
f. 502.454.8549
e. mcarter@loucol.com

Join us for "See Us In Action," a daytime Collegiate classroom visit,
campus tour and faculty meet and greet for parents of prospective students
in Junior Kindergarten through 12th grade. Visit www.loucol.com or call
502.479.0378 for more information.