Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Re: Question about system-wide usernames

We use first name and year of graduation. We were using last names, but =
some of our kindergartners and even a few first graders couldn't spell =
their last names, so we switched to first names. If we have duplicates, =
we add 1 or 2 letters from their last name. I never thought of the =
privacy issues before. What is more irritating to me is we have several =
online services and they all seem to want to assign their own usernames. =
Even when they will accept mine, about 25% of the time they are already =
taken. So, some of my students have five different logons. =20

Renee Ramig
Seven Hills School