Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Re: Wondering what others think of the information in this interview?

I've long been an advocate of the Appreciative Inquiry (AI) as the most pra=
gmatic way to get to the point of solidarity and action on social justice m=
atters, transcending the name and blame and shame approach that seems to in=
some cases set the cause back rather than move it forward. In its essence=
, AI's starting point is, "What strengths, tools and values do we have that=
have served us well to tackle problems?" Once identified, then next quest=
ion is "How can we use these same strengths to tackle these (social justice=
) problems?" Third question: "Who is ready to start now?"

Cheers.

PFB

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a =
habit." (Aristotle, 384-322 B.C.)
"What we learn to do, we learn by doing." (Aristotle, 384-322 B.C.)

Patrick F. Bassett, President
NAIS - National Association of Independent Schools
1620 L St., NW, Washington, DC 20036
202.973.9710 (office) 202.746.5444 (cell) 202.973.9709 (fax)
bassett@nais.org www.nais.org www.twitter.com/patbassett www.fac=
ebook.com/NAISnetwork