Friday, October 15, 2010

Re: So what is the deal with learning styles?

Yes...I have no doubt that the research that has found No Significant Effec=
t, No Significant Interaction Effect when looking for evidence of Learning =
Styles or Multiple Intelligence, has been used to support the case for "one=
size fits all" teaching and the highly lucrative testing industry.=20

This particular article on Learning Styles does present a framework for fut=
ure studies in this area. It will be interesting to see if anyone takes the=
challenge and uses that framework for future studies. In this particular a=
rticle, they were also careful to say that their work was not exhaustive, j=
ust that nothing has been found yet. That being said, there is much to be s=
aid about the overload theories and the integration of the "multiple ways a=
n individual learns" and this, I believe is where the argument should be ma=
de for Learning Styles.

Chris