Friday, October 15, 2010

Re: Apple MacBooks and Cisco wireless

Hi Laszlo,
We have some similar issues related to a WPA-Enterprise 802.1x
implementation. Setting the keychain control panel to always trust the
ssid/cert seems to help. You might also check whether the macbooks are
picking up other wireless networks.
best,
Demetri Orlando

Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 07:34:31 +0000
From: L=E1szl=F3 Barj=E1k <LBarjak@AISB.HU>
Subject: Apple MacBooks and Cisco wireless

Greetings,
We have 60 new Apple MacBook laptops and are connecting to our Cisco
wireless network. We would like to have them at start-up/boot to the log-on
screen. After that have our users log-on to their network account. About
90% of the time it works okay, but is slow. 10% of the time it requires a
re-start after 5 minutes. We have no problems if the laptops are in a 'wire=
lab' to be able to connect and users log-on.