Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Re: sexting and cell phones

With this, I am curious about what your various cell phone use policies
look like. We are preparing to re-examine our policy. Currently, we do
not allow students to access phones in academic buildings or in our
dining hall. Because we are a boarding school, we do allow students to
use cell phones in any other context, this means we have students
walking around all day with phones attached to their heads. They may
also use cell phones during evening study hall.=20

Additionally, at this year TABS Katherine Koestner recommended that we
all consider limiting cell-based web access. Is anyone doing this and if
so, how do you enforce it?

Thank you,
Jeff Warner
Dean of Residential Life