Thursday, February 26, 2009

Re: Online directories

Our database, PCR Educator, has a searchable school directory built into the
portal. The information available is restricted to student/parent/sibling
names, grade(s), homeroom, address, and HOUSEHOLD phone number. It doesn't
show work numbers, email addresses, etc, which tend to be what our parents
want kept private. Our administrators have also decided to post a PDF of
the more complete school directory on the portal, so that parents can choose
to have a printed copy. Some parents still wanted to have that with them in
the cars for making last-minute carpool and playdate arrangements.

Dan Berger
Jewish Primary Day School of the Nations Capital