Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Re: cell phones

At FETC last month, Hall Davidson showed pictures of an old $3500 VCR; a
camera; a computer for email, web surfing, and texting; a video camera; a
watch; a "clicker"; and a telephone to drive home the point that our
students are carrying these powerful devices around in their pockets every
day. A majority of American high school students say what they do in
school is irrelevant to their "real" lives. Isn't it time we find a way to
change that and build a sane policy around cell phone use and leverage that
valuable asset to improve education?

Catherine