Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Re: Picture sharing / repository site

Our school uses dotphoto for exactly that. On my own, I have created
separate web albums on Shutterfly for the cross country and wrestling teams
with which I work and for the hockey team. I either take the photos or use
those which parents give me. I limit the ability of others to add to the
site so I can control what's there, and then create a list of members that
includes coaches and athletes. All are encouraged to share the site with
friends. I post photos that may not always be as crisp as those the school
wants to offer through their dotphoto site.

We used to host photos ourselves and would charge parents, with money going
to our art department because the photo teacher took all the shots. As I and
other faculty began to take pictures, the tech staff was concerned about
space, thus the move.

So far we've had no complaints that I know of.

Jeff Warner
Dean of Residential Life
Western Reserve Academy