Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Re: Participle/comma help

You might consult my list of Internet-based Grammar Guides, Exercises,
Lessons, Games & Quizzes:
http://www.tewt.org/grammarexercises.html
Tom

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Mac Jackson
<Mac_Jackson@indianmountain.org> wrote:
> All you English teachers out there! =A0My eighth graders are having a har=
> time distinguishing the difference between essential and non-essential
> participle phrases, and they can't nail down when they should use commas.
> I'm can't figure out the simplest way to explain it to them? =A0Any ideas=
?
> Reasources? =A0You can reply to:
>
> mac_jackson@indianmountain.org
>
> Thanks!

--=20
Tom Daccord -- educational technology trainer, speaker, and author.

Co-Director, EdTechTeacher
Chestnut Hill, MA
tom@edtechteacher.org
http://edtechteacher.org/
http://besthistorysites.net/
c: 617-455-8716

EdTechTeacher.org & Boston University Summer Workshops:
http://edtechteacher.org/workshops.html