Wednesday, February 25, 2009

ISED/ New Member Introduction

Hello All,

I hope that I am welcome in this LISTSERV. I joined even though I am only =
an aspiring educator. I am currently a Physical Therapist with a strong de=
sire to make a difference. I have long contemplated how best to do this. =
My fianl decision is to teach in the I ndependent School venue. I grew up =
as a =93farm kid=94 from Wisconsin. Due to changes in my Father=92s work o=
ur family moved prior to the last two years of my high school. As another =
move was possible, my family gave me the option of going to a boarding scho=
ol so that I could finish my education in the same location. This school (=
students, faculty, and staff) made a tremendous difference in my life. I w=
ant to help others in the same manner. In the next two to five years I hop=
e to transition from physical therapy to teaching. My plan for joining thi=
s group was to become better acquainted with the issues facing Independent =
Schools. Any suggestions on how I can optimally prepare for this transitio=
n are greatly appreciated. In the coming years I may also request feedback=
on my thoughts on how I hope to teach.

Thanks,
Bill Werling

William_Werling@Baylor.edu<mailto:William_Werling@Baylor.edu>

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L