Thursday, February 26, 2009

Re: document scanner

Laurie:
HP makes a number of products that might serve the purpose. The HP ScanJet
line comes in a variety of configurations including combined
sheet-feeder/flatbed scanning. Some are even networked so you can do scan
to PDF and send it to file storage or email.

HP has come a LONG way with their multifunction devices like the ScanJets in
recent years and they have proven to be fairly user friendly and reliable.

HP also has a selection tool online (
http://www.hp.com/sbso/buyguides/advisor_scanners.html) that may make it
easier to figure out which model might fit your needs the best.

TJ

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Laurie Yalem <lyalem@churchillstl.org>wrote:

> A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> writes:
> >We have the S510 and love it!
> My users are looking not just for a fast paper fed scanner that will scan
> into a pdf, but one that is also has a flatbed for scanning from a bound
> book. Does anyone have one that does both?
>
> :) Laurie
>
> Laurie Yalem
> Technology Coordinator
> Churchill Center & School for Learning Disabilities
> 1021 Municipal Center Dr.
> Town & Country, MO 63131
> 314-997-4343
> lyalem@churchillstl.org