Friday, February 27, 2009

Re: social networks used

Ali,
This academic year alone our organization, ChildrenOnline.org, has
surveyed more than 2600 students. As in the past few years, the social
network of choice by Independent school students is Facebook. For
students in grades 9-12, 65% of those who admit having a social network
have Facebook. (As opposed to 13% with MySpace). Other social networks
used by high schoolers include Orcut, Friendster, DeviantArt, Hi5 and Bebo.

We did not survey their use of web 2.0 applications.

Best,
Doug Fodeman
ChildrenOnline.org

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> writes:
>Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:28:17 -0500
>From: "Yares, Ali" <ayares@parkschool.net>
>Subject: Social Networks
>
>Has anyone done a survey of parents and students about what kinds of
>social=
> networks or web 2.0 applications they are using? Have you done one
>specifi=
>c to any application to see what they are using the application for? If
>so,=
> would you mind sharing the survey questions and what kind of response
>you =
>received?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ali