Thursday, February 26, 2009

Re: Online directories

Hi -

Our student information system, Veracross, has a set of options in its
parent portal --

* Family directory that shows family names, addresses, phones, and emails.
Parents can choose to suppress all or part of this listing. They can also
click a PDF button in this online directory to create a two-column,
formatted PDF that they can print.

* Faculty/staff directory

* Student directory by grade level and teacher

We're planning to add lists of class parents/volunteers and also families
who are interested in carpooling (searchable by how close they are to the
home of the parent doing the search).

I'd be happy to talk about Veracross more if you'd like.

Terry Dash
Director of Technology
The Pike School
34 Sunset Rock Road