Thursday, February 19, 2009

Re: Document imaging/scanning

Our main copier will scan and fax as described by others, but I've also =
got a couple of old workstations set up with Fujitsu ScanSnap attached =
that the teachers use. The ScanSnap is really fast and easy. I've got =
them set to default to a pdf document and to save to a shared network =
drive, but you can do other types of documents easily and can have them =
emailed also. We just leave the workstation logged on and it is almost a =
one button process.

Sister Elizabeth
Powhatan School

>>> Tim Smith <smithti@grovesacademy.org> 2/19/2009 12:47 PM >>>
You can get color high speed 2-sided scanners that will scan and save
pages as PDFs. We have designated one person to do this as to eliminate
some potential confusion. That person then saves the files to a folder
on the network that is accessible to all teachers. The scanner we use
is a Cannon dr5010c and it works great.