Thursday, February 19, 2009

Re: Document imaging/scanning

All our copiers are also scanners (and printers for that matter). We load
all the employee email addresses onto the scanners so that they can scan
documents and receive them as PDFs. We have a few color scanners around
campus for those that need color scans. All made by Konica-Minolta and all
work very well with both Macs and PCs for printing.

Christopher

On 2/19/09 12:36 PM, "Laurie Yalem" <lyalem@churchillstl.org> wrote:

> Now that we have Smartboards in all of the classrooms, teachers are
> wanting to "digitize" their workbooks, handouts, teacher created
> materials, etc. that they have developed/purchased over the years. I am
> interested in what others are doing along these lines. Our copy machines
> are just that, they don't scan. We do have a couple of flatbed scanners
> for our small school, but we are talking about needing to scan lots of
> documents. Does your school have a solution? Are schools going to
> hardware that is both a copy machine and can scan to pdf and then somehow
> (email?) get it into the teachers network account? I'd love to hear about
> that- we are an all Mac school if that makes a difference.
>
> :) Laurie
>
> Laurie Yalem
> Technology Coordinator
> Churchill Center & School for Learning Disabilities
> 1021 Municipal Center Dr.
> Town & Country, MO 63131
> 314-997-4343
> lyalem@churchillstl.org