Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Re: software like "Fripple Shop"

Fripple Shop sounds like the Sunburst Titles 10th Planet Series or
Iggies Gnees. I do not know if these titles still exist, as I used to
use them on older Macs,but it is worth looking. There are also some
online shape and logic work on Houghton Mifflin's Math website.

Lisa Douthit
Technology Resources & Locust Systems Admin
Notre Dame de Sion
ldouthit@ndsion.edu

On Feb 25, 2009, at 7:56 AM, Terry Dash wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We're wondering if anyone has found software like the old "Fripple
> Shop,"
> which no longer runs on our modern Macintoshes. (Fripple Shop
> engaged 5-8
> year olds in logic puzzles where they had to distinguish among
> fripples
> with different characteristics as well as learning about "and,"
> "or," and
> other logical constructions. The instructions were spoken to help
> young
> readers.)
>
> We are already using The Logical Journey of the Zoombinis. We're
> looking
> for software other than that title.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Terry
> . . .
>
> Terry Dash
> Director of Technology
> The Pike School
> 34 Sunset Rock Road
> Andover, Massachusetts 01810
> ph: 978-475-1197 x6623
> fx: 978-475-3014

"CQ + PQ > IQ. Curiosity Quotient plus Passion Quotient is more
important than Intelligence Quotient."
~Tom Friedman