Sunday, February 1, 2009

Re: AP US History Taught Over 2 Years

My issue is not with taking two years to teach history. My issue is with =
the need to pretend that we are teaching college level courses so as to =
allow our students to have AP written on their transcripts. It is =
insanity. I love history and have spent my time reading about it since I =
learned how to read. Who cares if it is AP. We are college preparatory =
schools not college credential factories. Students should spend four =
years reading about their history. Stop the craziness, let high school =
be high school. Develop a love for history, not for grades and =
credentials.
=20
Norman