Wednesday, February 11, 2009

ISED/Introduction

Greetings:
As a new member of the listserve, I wanted to take a moment to introduce
myself. My name is TJ Rainsford and I am currently an adjunct faculty member
in the Department of History at Mount Saint Mary's University in Emmitsburg,
MD. I am also currently pursuing teaching positions with independent
schools in the Washington, DC area. My current adjunct position represents
a bit of a career change for me.

For the past 12 years, I have worked as an information technology
professional primarily to non-profit organizations as well as independent
schools in the Washington, DC area. While I still have a love for
technology, I have this great desire to return to my true passion, the study
and teaching of History.

As a technologist, I think it is safe to say that I am a jack of all trades.
I have done everything from software and Web development to network
engineering all the way up to CTO/CIO consulting. Hopefully I can be of
assistance to other technologists on the list.

Academically, I consider myself an intellectual historian. My background is
in both history and philosophy and I find the development of ideas and
philosophies throughout history quite fascinating. I also have an interest
in the history of technology (go figure) and historiography (particularly
research methodology in the information age). While I have done quite a bit
of course work in non-Western history, my background is primarily rooted in
Europe and the US.

Warmest regards to one and all!
TJ

--
TJ Rainsford, MA
E: tjrainsford@gmail.com

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L