Friday, May 14, 2010

Re: dual platform video camera

Hi Patrick,

We've been using the Canon FS-200s for our video classes and related projec=
ts. The students and faculty have found them very easy to use on both PC a=
nd Mac. They have good battery life and with 16Gb SD cards, can hold up to=
3 hours of video.

Kris

Kristopher Wiemer
Academic Technology Coordinator
Deerfield Academy
413-774-1804
kwiemer@deerfield.edu

On May 14, 2010, at 10:52 AM, Patrick Woessner wrote:

> Greetings,
>=20
> We are a dual platform environment and to this point have used Canon
> Mini-DV camcorders with iMovie 09 and Adobe Premiere Elements. With the
> Mini-DV format on the demise, we need to find a suitable replacement that
> will work with USB connections on both platforms. Can anyone recommend a
> ~$500 camera (we need something with more options than a Flip camera) wit=
> USB connections that is Mac/PC compatible with iMovie 09 and Adobe
> Premiere Elements? The list of compatible devices on the Apple website i=
> sorely out of date, and I've heard numerous reports of internal flash
> drive or SD memory card cameras not working with iMovie.
>=20
> Thanks much for your suggestions!
>=20
> Patrick Woessner
> Middle School Coordinator of Instructional Technology
> MICDS
> 101 N Warson Road
> St. Louis, MO 63124
> 314-995-7375
>=20
>=20
> [ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D1288=
74 ]
> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,=
non-commercial, share-alike license.