Monday, May 24, 2010

Re: Considering Google Apps for Education (K-12)

We are happy with the switch. I no longer worry about mail servers or
backing up email and teachers have found many useful features. Because we
used Groupwise, we had no way to upload old email administratively so we
asked teachers who wanted to do so to upload it themselves following
specific instructions we provided. We had to help a few with that task.Our
1:1 pilot teachers immediately put Google Apps to good use in the classroom
with their students.

On the IT side, we don't have to worry about maintaining a mail server.

You might also look at Live@edu from Microsoft, but their collaboration
tools just weren't there when we were making the decision.
--=20
Derrel Fincher
Director of Information and Communication Technology
Graded - The American School of S=E3o Paulo
http://www.graded.br | (55 11) 3747-4800 x160