Saturday, May 22, 2010

Re: Looking for schools with 1:1 programs using FileMaker

Bill,

Thanks for your response.

I think it has some potential and I'm totally on board for sharing it, but
it really depends on FileMaker's user interface and scripting language.

As an aside, a FileMaker school site license is not expensive when factored
on a per user basis, and gives students and faculty a really easy-to-use yet
extremely powerful tool for pedagogical tinkering (http://bit.ly/7XvI) along
with an excellent tool for administrative databases. (I have no connection
with FileMaker but I've always thought it's a great product.)

The game environment is still in a rough state graphically. We need to get
some artists in to help our coders. I put up a relationship graph (a
FileMaker specific concept perhaps) on my wiki here:
http://dws.editme.com/FileMaker-Game which provides some idea of the data
structures we are using.

I'll share some images of the game environment as the graphics improve.

Thanks again for your interest.

Fred