Thursday, May 27, 2010

Re: ipads Lower School

While I agree with you about chasing tech fads, there is no reason =
whatsoever to teach cursive writing, unless your school is preparing =
children for royalty.

On May 27, 2010, at 11:27 AM, Len Doran wrote:

> I have to wonder why we continue to chase technology and not let it =
chase us. A parent asked me this morning if we still taught cursive =
writing. I wonder if we are moving too fast just to be trendy and not =
really looking at the educational values and, perhaps, consequences? The =
APPLE store at the local Mall seems to be mobbed, but I wonder how many =
people are buying IPads for the right reasons?
https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D128874 ]