Thursday, May 27, 2010

Re: ipads Lower School

Amen to that! Is there an actual real use for the iPads, or are we just
buying them so we can tell parents that we're using cutting edge technology?

I'm not anti-technology. I love my MacBook. But I suspect that the rate at
which some of the early adopters among us try to force new technology down
the throats of those who see no need for it YET is what causes a lot of
resistance.

We should use and teach the technology because it HELPS, not because it's
the new trendy thing that we think parents will want to see in the
classroom.

I keep thinking of how the year 2010 still looks a whole lot more like "The
Brady Bunch" than "The Jetsons."