Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Re: PE - Heart Rate Monitors

Try Reebok

-----Original Message-----
From: A forum for independent school educators
[mailto:ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Brieanna Brown
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:46 AM
To: ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: PE - Heart Rate Monitors

I am trying to implement the use of Heart Rate monitors in our high
school
physical education classes (9th and 10th grade), and I was hoping I
could
get some words of advice from people who have been using them.

1. What brand do you use? Currently, I am looking at Polar, but I have
heard of another brand (Sunnto, I think?). Does anyone have experience
using either of these, and if so what do you think of them? Or, does
anyone have experience using another brand?

2. Does anyone have experience writing grant proposals to request
funding
for heart rate monitors?

3. In what ways do you use the monitors in your curriculum? Is it all
or
most of it, does it supplement your curriculum, do you use them every
day?
=20

4. Do your sports teams use them, and if so, how?

5. If you are using software with them, how do you like it? Do you
find
the software useful?

Thanks so much for your help with any and/or all of these questions!

Sincerely,

Bri Brown

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it."=20

Brieanna Brown
Physical Education Department Chair
Georgetown Day School
(202)274-3229