Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Re: Google Apps for Education

Saklan Valley School has been using GAfE for more than 3 years now. The
applications are still rather limited and they really did not catch on with
our staff yet.
Even the calendar is rarely used.

I am actually looking into something more "education" oriented - something
like moodle.
Check it out at http://moodle.org/

Zoho is another interesting one and it actually allows you to port accounts
from gmail although it seems to be a little bit on the "heavy" (more
applications and better interface but a tad slower).

I think is more of a philosophy of using any of these tools. How does anyone
see it used in their organization.

I would personally go with moodle just because it has the educational
paradigm at its heart.

Just an opinion.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Steve Van Dyk <svandyk@kcsa.org> wrote:

> Beth,
>
> Kalamazoo Christian Schools are using GAfE. If you have any questions I'd
> be
> happy to answer them.
>
> Steve Van Dyk
> Technology Director
> Kalamazoo Christian School Association
>

> On 4/28/09 3:12 PM, "Beth Ritter-Guth" <britterguth@hotchkiss.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi Everyone! I am putting together a list of independent schools that
> are
> > using Google Apps for Ed. Are any of you using GAfE, and would you be
> > willing to talk with us about your experience?
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > BRG
> >
> > [ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
> > Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
> > non-commercial, share-alike license.
> > RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L

Adrian Bica

Director of Communications