Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Re: imaging software

Wrote about Clonezilla last year in my newsletter -
http://www.imparisystems.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36

You could also look at Partimage - http://www.partimage.org/Main_Page

and there's several more free and open source alternatives here -
http://packratstudios.com/index.php/2008/03/11/symantec-ghost-who-a-list-of-open-source-alternatives/

Both free and open source solutions

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 17:06 -0400, Maureen Tumenas wrote:

> We currently do not have an IT dept and are making do with very limited
> support. We are rolling out some refurbished PCs and had trouble with
> imaging. I used ghost and although the image worked perfectly in my test, I
> was told that there was something wrong with SID numbers... Greek to me.
>
> What software do you use for imaging? Is it necessary to use an "enterprise"
> version?
>
> TIA for your help
>
> Maureen Tumenas

> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.

Matt Burkhardt, MS Technology Management
Impari Systems, Inc.
502 Fairview Avenue
Frederick, MD 21701
mlb@imparisystems.com