Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The College Board's place in education

David, an AP Coordinator is essentially a logistical person. Somebody has
to do the job, but I'm up for a good discussion about the College Board if
everyone else is. In fact, in all my years on this list I don't remember a
spirited discussion about the College Board.

I'll get it going with my own rant. I wonder if everyone realizes the
amount of (essentially) free labor the College Board extracts from
schools. I think we'd be absolutely stunned at the megabucks that would be
involved if schools could charge market rates for the labor needed to
carry out the College Board's programs. I bet the dollars involved would
be sufficient to keep General Motors afloat for a few years, and you can
throw in Chrysler, too.

Ross Lenet
Sidwell Friends School

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L