Friday, April 24, 2009

Re: Foreign Language Accommodations- Dyslexia

We require our students to complete 3 years of a second language for
graduation. For those students with documented dyslexia or other extreme
language learning issues, we waive the 3rd year. The State of Louisiana
requires that students who want to be eligible for the TOPS program (helps
pay tuition at state universities) have 2 years of a second language so this
allows those students to still maintain their requirements.

Anita Huval
World Languages Department Chair
Episcopal School of Acadiana