Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Re: ISED/Online portfolios for performing arts

Blog technology provides 90% of the services of an electronic portfolio
system at a tiny fraction of the cost and effort. Take the time to set up
and publicize standards for tagging and categories to make it really sing.
We are currently using this approach with our senior project portfolios.

Richard

On 4/29/09 10:25 AM, "James Allen" <jamesallen@HB.EDU> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:19:29 -0400, Norman Constantine
> <nconstantine@wakefieldschool.org> wrote:
>

>> >YouTube
>> >

> We've used online video sharing sites before (YouTube and Vimeo), but the
> nature of these sites is such that the presentation is completely up to the
> site owner, not the content creator. We may end up embedding videos from
> YouTube/Vimeo into the final portfolio, but it would be ideal if the video
> playback was completely independent of third-party sites.

Richard Kassissieh
Director of Information Technology
Catlin Gabel School
503 297-1894 x300