Monday, April 27, 2009

ISED Birthday

Lots of great ideas and exchanges...for many years...
Thanks to Ellen!
Susan Ferris Rights

On 4/27/09 3:23 PM, "Tom Smith" <tsmith@parkschool.org> wrote:

> Hello ISED-L friends,
>
> Seeing Kevin's post with "interesting milestone" subject triggered a
> thought about ISED-L itself. Perhaps subscribers would be interested in
> knowing that as of February, ISED-L is 15 years old. That makes it rather
> old by listserv standards. My memory is that it was founded in February
> 1994 primarily by Ellen Berne, librarian at Winsor School in Boston, MA.
> From humble beginnings it has certainly grown. As it has grown, however I
> am pleased to observe that the level of respectful discourse has remained
> consistently high.
>
> I think Ellen would be pleased if she were around today to see what
> happened to the seed she planted.
>
> -Tom Smith, Park School

Susan Ferris
susanferris123@gmail.com
908-568-1884

-- Sometimes the mind, for reasons we don't necessarily understand, just
decides to go to the store for a quart of milk.
Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider, Northern Exposure, Three Doctors, 1993